Join the Board of Directors
Joining the Board of Directors (BOD) is an excellent way to get more involved in H-STAT and to strengthen your leadership skills. Applications are on-going. We are currently in need of someone to fill the following positions:
- Development Chair
- Fundraising Chair
- Steppin’ for Health Chair
- Alumni Chair
Although the BOD consists of several set positions, we can work with your individual interests and strengths to find a position that is a good fit for you.
To receive an application form or to learn more about joining the BOD, please contact us using the form below.
About the BOD
The purpose of the BOD is to ensure the fulfillment of H-STAT’s mission and to oversee the operations of H-STAT. The BOD is responsible to the organization in the following ways:
- Adherence to H-STAT’s vision
- Development of diverse funding streams
- Ensuring the financial health of the organization
- Cultivation of relationships with students, schools, and community partners
- Promotion of H-STAT’s public image
- Remaining informed and engaged in local edcuational and political discourses
- Prioritizing H-STAT’s agenda to address up-to-date issues of education, service, and policy in Georgia
In addition to attendance at quarterly meetings, each board member is responsible for overseeing different program areas – education, service, and advocacy – and organizational components, including development, evaluation, and day-to-day operations.