Check out the most recent GSU chapter newsletter!
Hey GSU H-STAT! Welcome to 2020!
Did you miss our chapter meeting on Monday where we filled you in on
H-STAT’s goals for the semester, upcoming events, and leadership opportunities? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Our Spring 2020 goals:
- Become an official GSU club. This will help us secure more funding and partner with other incredible student advocate organizations.
- Leadership transitions. Our current leaders are graduating, so we want to make sure we hear from you if you’re interested in shaping the future of H-STAT and helping us grow. Email us if you’re interested! Positions include: President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Deadline is Feb 17th!
- Increase interdisciplinary work. We want to reach out to new departments about the amazing work H-STAT members are doing! Nursing? Education? Sociology? Where ya at?
- Continue relationship building. We want to grow our network of local businesses, non-profits, advocacy organizations, and health professionals who align with our work. Have someone in mind? Let us (and them!) know.
Be sure to check out the H-STAT calendar for other upcoming events! Some of these events include:
- Racism as an Adverse Childhood Experience: February 12th 5:30 PM
- H-STAT Legislative Advocacy Day: February 22nd 8:30 AM | Emory SoM
- H-STAT GSU Chapter meeting II: February 24th 3PM | Urban Life 446
- Health Law Bioethics Film Screenings: 2/5, 2/12, 2/26 12PM | GSU College of Law 341. Specific films on the H-STAT calendar!
Welcome Carrie Oliver as our new GSU Student Taskforce for ACEs & Resiliency (STAR) Committee Chair!
“I’m excited to continue the momentum of the first Trauma Informed Care Day. I hope to bring students, professionals, and community advocates from a variety of sectors to strengthen and support the work of creating trauma-informed systems and care.”
Be part of the STAR student planning committee by emailing Carrie!
Welcome Caitlin Ray as our new
Cut Hypertension Committee Chair!
“I’m excited to hold the position of Cut Hypertension Chair and I look forward to playing a role in heart health promotion within the Atlanta community. Hope you all can join us for a Saturday or two!”
Reach out to Caitlin to be added to our volunteer list!
We’re interested in partnering with new barber shops! Know of a barber shop that would benefit from the Cut Hypertension program?
Stay in Touch:
- Save the date: Monday, February 24th at 3pm for our next chapter meeting
- Join our listserv to hear about events across campuses
- Our Instagram is a great way to see what events we have going on: @hstat.gsu
- Our GSU Chapter GroupMe for ALL updates within our chapter: https://groupme.com/join_group/54013510/kqCcUqwE
- Email Janhavi or Hallie with any questions! 🙂